You are here
- Academic calendar: http://www.cornell.edu/academics/calendar/
- Courses of Studies: http://courses.cornell.edu/
- Class Roster: https://classes.cornell.edu/
- Exam Policies and Schedules: https://registrar.cornell.edu//exams
- Academic Integrity: http://theuniversityfaculty.cornell.edu/academic-integrity/
- Physics undergraduate major: http://physics.cornell.edu/undergraduate
- Director of Undergraduate Studies: Kyle Shen
- Resources for Undergraduates: http://physics.cornell.edu/help-center
- Academic Advising: http://as.cornell.edu/academic-advising
- Physics Graduate Program: http://physics.cornell.edu/graduate
- Director of Graduate Studies: Maxim Perlestein
- General Resources for Graduate Students: http://physics.cornell.edu/graduate-experience#general-resources-for-graduate-students
- Center for Teaching Innovation: https://www.cte.cornell.edu/
- Center for Teaching Innovation: https://www.cte.cornell.edu/
- Physics Lecture Demo: https://demos.physics.cornell.edu/ (Contact Jenny Wurster for access)
- Physics Course Wiki https://confluence.cornell.edu/display/physcrs/Home
- Cornell Academic Technologies Center: http://atc.cit.cornell.edu/ (Blackboard, polling, etc.)
- Faculty Center: http://facultycenter.cornell.edu/
Physical and Mental Health
FSAP (Faculty, Staff Assistance Program): http://fsap.cornell.edu/ FSAP's professional staff offers free and confidential guidance and support to benefits-eligible employees and their partners to address issues that may be affecting their personal lives and/or job satisfaction or performance. The FSAP is part of Cornell's broad commitment to foster and support the mental health and well-being of the campus community.
CMM (Cornell Minds Matter): http://orgsync.rso.cornell.edu/org/cornellmindsmatter Cornell Minds Matter promotes the overall mental and emotional health of all Cornell students, works to reduce the stigma of mental illness, and holds events open to the entire Cornell community that foster a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
EARS (Empathy, Assistance & Referral Service): https://dos.cornell.edu/office-of-student-community-support/empathy-assistance-referral-service-ears EARS is a student-run, professionally supervised, counseling, training and outreach program, open to all members of the Cornell community. Rigorously trained peer counselors offer confidential, anonymous counseling daily during the academic year. Counseling is available by phone (607) 255-3277 or walk-in (213 Willard Straight Hall) and is free, confidential and no appointment is needed.
CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services): https://health.cornell.edu/services/counseling-psychiatry. The mission of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is to provide crisis intervention, brief counseling, outpatient psychiatric care, outreach, and referral services to Cornell University students.
- Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Friday: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Saturday: 6:00pm-10:00pm
Group Counseling through Cornell Health: https://health.cornell.edu/services/counseling-psychiatry/group-counseling. Group counseling is one of the most effective tools for addressing issues common among college students. For many students, it can be more effective than individual counseling. New groups form every semester.
Bystander Initialtives (expansion of Notice and Respond) https://health.cornell.edu/initiatives/skorton-center/bystander-initiatives. We all have a role in our caring community. Please reach out to help others in distress.
Let’s Talk: https://health.cornell.edu/services/counseling-psychiatry/lets-talk "Let's Talk" is a program that provides easy access to informal confidential consultations with counselors from Gannett Health Services. Counselors hold walk-in hours at sites around campus Monday through Friday during the semester.
Suicide Prevention and Crisis Center: http://ithacacrisis.org/ 607 272-1616. SPCS is a community agency which offers a free, confidential, 24-hour telephone hot-line service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Equity Advocates: Equity Advocates are people within the department(s) who will:
- Listen to your diversity and inclusion related concerns or ideas.
- Help you brainstorm and investigate options and resources.
- Bring issues/concerns to the attention of the department without having your name attached. (Not confidential in mandatory reporting situations. A list of confidential resources can be found at titleix.cornell.edu/resources/confidential/ )
- Jenny Wurster
- Lawrence Gibbons
- Jeevak Parpia
- Julia Thom-Levy
- Sara Eddleman
Report a Bias Incident: To report a non-emergency harassment, discrimination or bias incident,
- Email: email@example.com or fill out an online incident report: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?CornellUniv&layout_id=6
- For more information: https://hr.cornell.edu/our-culture-diversity/diversity-inclusion/harassment-discrimination-and-bias-reporting
SHARE (Sexual Harassment and Assault – Response and Education): http://share.cornell.edu/. This site provides important and timely information to the Cornell community about sexual harassment, assault, gender discrimination and other related forms of violence. It also offers information about the SHARE partners who provide services, support, reporting options, education, and advocacy.
Consensual Relationship Policy: http://theuniversityfaculty.cornell.edu/the-recommended-crp/
Dean of Students: https://dos.cornell.edu/. Lists some of the identity-based offices and programs at Cornell for various ethnic, gender/gender identity, other protected status groups.
- WiP+ (Women in Physics and Related Fields): http://physics.cornell.edu/women-in-physics. WiP+ is an informal group of women (primarily) supporting other women in the fields of Physics, Astronomy, Applied and Engineering Physics, Biophysics, and other related fields. Everyone, ranging from prospective majors through faculty and staff, is invited to participate.
- GWIS (Graduate Women in Science, Ithaca Chapter): http://gwisithaca.org/
- OSTEM: (Out in science technology engineering and mathematics, Cornell University chapter) http://ostematcornell.weebly.com/ A group for LGBTQIA+ graduate students in STEM fields.
Postdocs: http://postdocs.cornell.edu/welcome-cornell. Resources from the Cornell University Office of Postdoctoral Studies.
Veterans and Military Resources:
- Cornell’s Military Community: http://military.cornell.edu/ Resources for students, faculty, staff, and alumni veterans.
- Additional resources through HR: https://hr.cornell.edu/our-culture-diversity/diversity-inclusion/diversity-resources/military-resources
Religious Accommodation FAQ’s: https://hr.cornell.edu/our-culture-diversity/diversity-inclusion/religious-accommodation-faqs
- Whole community info: http://disability.cornell.edu/students.cfm
- Student Disability Services: http://sds.cornell.edu/ Resources for Students with disabilities and resources for faculty teaching students with disabilities.
- Leaves and Disability (Employees): https://hr.cornell.edu/benefits-pay/leaves-disability
- Diversity Includes Disability campaign: http://accessibility.cornell.edu/diversity-includes-disability/
- Accessible Red Runner Tranportation: http://diversity.cornell.edu/policies-and-initiatives/disability-access/accessible-red-runner-transportation. FREE door-to-door transportation via Red Runner for staff and faculty with disabilities who are participating in university-related activities or taking advantage of the benefits of employment at Cornell.
Student Groups: http://orgsync.rso.cornell.edu/Search. A searchable database of student organizations through the campus activities office.
Cornell University Diversity & Inclusion: http://diversity.cornell.edu/. Links to various offices and programs for diversity resources for various Cornell populations including some listed below
Office of Academic Diversity Initiatives (OADI): https://www.oadi.cornell.edu/ is focused on undergraduate inclusion and achievement across the Cornell campus so students of all backgrounds excel at their academic goals. OADI programs especially support low-income students, those who are the first in their families to achieve a college degree, and under-represented students of color.
Office of Inclusion and Student Engagement (OISE): http://gradschool.cornell.edu/OISE works to advance a more inclusive and welcoming environment for all graduate students and postdoctoral scholars, but especially for those from backgrounds historically underrepresented in graduate education and the academy.
Office of Faculty Development and Diversity (OFDD): http://facultydevelopment.cornell.edu/. The Office of Faculty Development and Diversity works with deans and department chairs to increase faculty diversity, providing guidance in setting realistic diversity goals, training search committees, broadening faculty applicant pools, increasing retention of underrepresented groups, and providing faculty development and advancement opportunities.
Faculty Institute for Diversity: https://www.cte.cornell.edu/programs-services/faculty/faculty-institute-for-diversity.html . The goal of Cornell’s Faculty Institute for Diversity is to bring faculty together to engage in complex discussions about aspects of diversity, to create a network of teachers and scholars who can serve as a resource to one another on matters of diversity and education, and to incorporate diversity elements into new or revised courses.
Cornell University Inclusive Excellence Academy (iea): http://diversity.cornell.edu/iea. With a focus on the development of multicultural fluency, Cornell University’s Inclusive Excellence Academy, launched in August 2013, offers programs designed to advance an inclusive educational environment and workplace.
Human Resources, Our Culture & Diversity: https://hr.cornell.edu/our-culture-diversity. Learn about Cornell’s policies and programs that support diversity and inclusion in our workplace, including the University Diversity Council, equal opportunity and affirmative action programs, and instructions and resources for reporting harassment, discrimination and bias.
Colleague Network Groups: https://hr.cornell.edu/colleague-network-groups. The university sponsors Colleague Network Groups (CNGs) as a way for traditionally underrepresented minorities and their allies to find support, both at Cornell and beyond. The CNGs enhance our community culture by providing engaging programs for Cornell faculty and staff.
Building a Culture of Respect: https://hr.cornell.edu/our-culture-diversity/diversity-inclusion/building-culture-respect. Link to Cornell’s online training regarding sexual assault/violence, domestic violence, dating violence (also known as intimate partner violence), and stalking prevention and response. "Building a Culture of Respect" addresses how to respond should faculty or staff learn a member of our community has experienced any type of sexual violence or stalking. It also lets faculty and staff know how to file a complaint.
Belonging at Cornell: https://diversity.cornell.edu/belonging-cornell. Belonging at Cornell is a framework designed to continue the progress towards making Cornell a more diverse and inclusive environment. Its mission is to focus our collective efforts on creating a campus community where individuals from diverse backgrounds and life experiences can both contribute and thrive.
Family Leave policies (including maternity, paternity, same sex partner, adoption):
- Graduate and professional students: https://gradschool.cornell.edu/parental-accommodation-including-maternity-and-paternity-leave
- Professors and academic staff: https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/tools-library/policies/leaves-professors-and-academic-staff. (Includes postdocs.)
- Nonacademic staff: https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/vol6_9_family.pdf (Time Away from Work: Family Leaves for Nonacademic Staff. Includes Parental Leave, Family Health Leave, and Military Family Leave)
Mother's Rooms: Spaces for pumping/expressing breastmilk.
- All campus: http://blogs.cornell.edu/mothersrooms
- Clark Hall 333 https://blogs.cornell.edu/mothersrooms/clark-hall/
Lactation Time Away From Work Policy: https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/vol6_9-lactation.pdf (All members of the Cornell University faculty, academic and nonacademic staff, including regular, temporary, casual staff members, and student employees.)
Parenting Resources: https://hr.cornell.edu/wellbeing-perks/parenting
Care@Work: https://hr.cornell.edu/careatwork Finding the right kind of care for your family, pets, and your home can be challenging. Cornell now provides free unlimited Care.com membership to help you locate and arrange care. (Replaces the previous Family Helpers List.)
Students with families: http://studentswithfamilies.cornell.edu/ Resources for students, partners, and children
Elder & Adult Care Resources: https://hr.cornell.edu/wellbeing-perks/elder-adult-care
- Cornell Recreational Services Wellness Program: http://recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/wellness
- Cornell Wellness Outreach: https://recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/wellness/outreach. Offerings for Cornell staff, faculty, retirees, and their spouses/partners. Lectures & workshops, cooking classes & demos, and additional healthy living resources.
- Student Wellness: https://recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/fitness-centers/student-wellness Healthy cooking, nutrition consultations, and related resources.
- Cornell Healthy Eating Program (CHEP): https://health.cornell.edu/sites/health/files/pdf-library/cornell-health-eating-program.pdf. A resource for students: nutrition and nutrition related health concerns, eating problems/disorders, help with concerns about others with eating issues.
- Guidelines for Participation in Wellness and Fitness Programs: (For Cornell University Employees) https://recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/sites/recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/files/documents/Cornell%20Wellness%20Guideline.pdf
Domestic (Intimate Partner) Violence Resources: https://hr.cornell.edu/wellbeing-perks/self-care/domestic-violence-resources
Athletic Schedule: http://www.cornellbigred.com/calendar.aspx
Cornell Events Calendar: http://events.cornell.edu/
Ithaca Events Calendar: http://events.visitithaca.com/
Fun, Fitness and Local Attractions
- Bird Cams
- Cornell Botanic Gardens
- Cornell Chimes
- Cornell Cinema
- Cornell Concert Series
- Cornell Orchards
- Dairy Bar
- F.R. Newman Arboretum
- Fitness Centers
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Hiking Trails
- Ithaca Farmers Market
- Johnson Museum of Art
- Lynah Rink Public Skating
- Noyes Community Recreation Center
- Pool Hours
- Running Routes
- Sapsucker Woods Sanctuary
- Schwartz Center for the Performing Arts