You are here
- Academic calendar: http://www.cornell.edu/academics/calendar/
- Courses of Studies: http://courses.cornell.edu/
- Class Roster: https://classes.cornell.edu/
- Exam Policies and Schedules: https://registrar.cornell.edu//exams
- Physics undergraduate major: http://physics.cornell.edu/undergraduate
- Director of Undergraduate Studies: Kyle Shen
- Resources for Undergraduates: http://physics.cornell.edu/help-center
- Physics Graduate Program: http://physics.cornell.edu/graduate
- Director of Graduate Studies: Lawrence Gibbons
- General Resources for Graduate Students: http://physics.cornell.edu/graduate-experience#general-resources-for-graduate-students
- Center for Teaching Excellence: https://www.cte.cornell.edu/
- Physics Lecture Demo: https://demos.physics.cornell.edu/ (Contact Jenny Wurster for access)
- Physics Course Wiki https://confluence.cornell.edu/display/physcrs/Home
- Cornell Academic Technologies Center: http://atc.cit.cornell.edu/ (Blackboard, polling, etc.)
- Faculty Center: http://facultycenter.cornell.edu/
Physical and Mental Health
Gannett Health Services: http://www.gannett.cornell.edu/ Physical and mental health services and resources on a large variety of health related topics.
FSAP (Faculty, Staff Assistance Program): http://fsap.cornell.edu/ FSAP's professional staff offers free and confidential guidance and support to benefits-eligible employees and their partners to address issues that may be affecting their personal lives and/or job satisfaction or performance. The FSAP is part of Cornell's broad commitment to foster and support the mental health and well-being of the campus community.
CMM (Cornell Minds Matter): http://orgsync.rso.cornell.edu/org/cornellmindsmatter Cornell Minds Matter promotes the overall mental and emotional health of all Cornell students, works to reduce the stigma of mental illness, and holds events open to the entire Cornell community that foster a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
EARS (Empathy, Assistance & Referral Service): https://dos.cornell.edu/office-of-student-community-support/empathy-assistance-referral-service-ears EARS is a student-run, professionally supervised, counseling, training and outreach program, open to all members of the Cornell community. Rigorously trained peer counselors offer confidential, anonymous counseling daily during the academic year. Counseling is available by phone (607) 255-3277 or walk-in (213 Willard Straight Hall) and is free, confidential and no appointment is needed.
CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services): https://www.gannett.cornell.edu/services/counseling/caps/
The mission of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is to provide crisis intervention, brief counseling, outpatient psychiatric care, outreach, and referral services to Cornell University students.
- Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm-11:00pm
- Friday: 3:00pm-10:00pm
- Saturday: 6:00pm-10:00pm
Notice and Respond: http://www.gannett.cornell.edu/notice/ We all have a role in our caring community. Please reach out to help others in distress.
Let’s Talk: https://www.gannett.cornell.edu/services/counseling/caps/talk/ "Let's Talk" is a program that provides easy access to informal confidential consultations with counselors from Gannett Health Services. Counselors hold walk-in hours at sites around campus Monday through Friday.
Suicide Prevention and Crisis Center: http://ithacacrisis.org/ 607 272-1616. SPCS is a community agency which offers a free, confidential, 24-hour telephone hot-line service.
Diversity and Inclusion
Department Diversity and Inclusion Council:
Equity Advocates: Equity Advocates are people within the department(s) who will:
- Listen to your diversity and inclusion related concerns or ideas.
- Help you brainstorm and investigate options and resources.
- Bring issues/concerns to the attention of the department without having your name attached.
- Julia Thom-Levy
- Jenny Wurster
Report a Bias Incident: To report a non-emergency harassment, discrimination or bias incident,
- Email: email@example.com
- or fill out an online incident report: https://cm.maxient.com/reportingform.php?CornellUniv&layout_id=6
- For more information: https://hr.cornell.edu/our-culture-diversity/diversity-inclusion/harassment-discrimination-and-bias-reporting
SHARE (Sexual Harassment and Assault – Response and Education): http://share.cornell.edu/. This site provides important and timely information to the Cornell community about sexual harassment, assault, gender discrimination and other related forms of violence. It also offers information about the SHARE partners who provide services, support, reporting options, education, and advocacy.
Finding my community: http://diversity.cornell.edu/finding-my-community. A list of identity-based offices and programs including various ethnic, religious, gender/gender identity, disability, veteran and other protected status groups.
- WiP+ (Women in Physics and Related Fields) website coming soon. WiP+ is an informal group of women (primarily) supporting other women in the fields of Physics, Astronomy, Applied and Engineering Physics, Biophysics, and other related fields. Everyone, ranging from prospective majors through faculty and staff, is invited to participate.
- GWIS (Graduate Women in Science, Ithaca Chapter): http://gwisithaca.org/
- OSTEM: (Out in science technology engineering and mathematics, Cornell University chapter) http://ostematcornell.weebly.com/ A group for LGBTQIA+ graduate students in STEM fields.
Postdocs: http://postdocs.cornell.edu/welcome-cornell. Resources from the Cornell University Office of Postdoctoral Studies.
Veterans and Military Resources:
- Cornell’s Military Community: http://military.cornell.edu/ Resources for students, faculty, staff, and alumni veterans.
- Additional resources through HR: https://hr.cornell.edu/our-culture-diversity/diversity-inclusion/diversity-resources/military-resources
Religious Accommodation FAQ’s: https://hr.cornell.edu/our-culture-diversity/diversity-inclusion/religious-accommodation-faqs
- Whole community info: http://disability.cornell.edu/students.cfm
- Student Disability Services: http://sds.cornell.edu/ Resources for Students with disabilities and resources for faculty teaching students with disabilities.
- Leaves and Disability (Employees): https://hr.cornell.edu/benefits-pay/leaves-disability
Student Groups: http://orgsync.rso.cornell.edu/Search. A searchable database of student organizations through the campus activities office.
Family Leave policies (including maternity, paternity, same sex partner, adoption):
- Graduate and professional students: https://gradschool.cornell.edu/parental-accommodation-including-maternity-and-paternity-leave
- Professors and academic staff: https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/tools-library/policies/leaves-professors-and-academic-staff
- Nonacademic staff: https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/vol6_9_family.pdf (Time Away from Work: Family Leaves
- for Nonacademic Staff (Includes Parental Leave, Family Health Leave, and Military Family Leave)
All campus: http://blogs.cornell.edu/mothersrooms
Clark Hall 333 https://blogs.cornell.edu/mothersrooms/clark-hall/
Lactation Time Away From Work Policy: https://www.dfa.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/vol6_9-lactation.pdf (All members of the Cornell University faculty, academic and nonacademic staff, including regular, temporary, casual staff members, and student employees.)
Parenting Resources: https://hr.cornell.edu/wellbeing-perks/parenting
Family Helpers List: https://hr.cornell.edu/wellbeing-perks/family-helpers-list
Students with families: http://studentswithfamilies.cornell.edu/ Resources for students, partners, and children
Elder & Adult Care Resources: https://hr.cornell.edu/wellbeing-perks/elder-adult-care
- Cornell Recreational Services Wellness Program: http://recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/wellness
- Cornell Wellness Outreach: https://recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/wellness/outreach. Offerings for Cornell staff, faculty, retirees, and their spouses/partners. Lectures & workshops, cooking classes & demos, and additional healthy living resources.
- Student Wellness: https://recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/fitness-centers/student-wellness Healthy cooking, nutrition consultations, and related resources.
- Cornell Healthy Eating Program (CHEP): https://www.gannett.cornell.edu/topics/nutrition/program/ A resource for students: nutrition and nutrition related health concerns, eating problems/disorders, help with concerns about others with eating issues.
- Guidelines for Participation in Wellness and Fitness Programs: (For Cornell University Employees) https://recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/sites/recreation.athletics.cornell.edu/files/documents/Cornell%20Wellness%20Guideline.pdf
Domestic (Intimate Partner) Violence Resources: https://hr.cornell.edu/wellbeing-perks/self-care/domestic-violence-resources
Athletic Schedule: http://www.cornellbigred.com/calendar.aspx
Cornell Events Calendar: http://events.cornell.edu/
Ithaca Events Calendar: http://events.visitithaca.com/
Fun, Fitness and Local Attractions
- Bird Cams
- Cornell Botanic Gardens
- Cornell Chimes
- Cornell Cinema
- Cornell Concert Series
- Cornell Orchards
- Dairy Bar
- F.R. Newman Arboretum
- Fitness Centers
- Group Fitness Class Schedule
- Hiking Trails
- Ithaca Farmers Market
- Johnson Museum of Art
- Lynah Rink Public Skating
- Noyes Community Recreation Center
- Pool Hours
- Running Routes
- Sapsucker Woods Sanctuary
- Schwartz Center for the Performing Arts